innocent+twisted Alchemy

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

08.28.12 - Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color

I first heard about these from a Youtube beauty guru who only talks about Asian Cosmetics. She LOVED the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Colors. I wanted to try out Jill Stuart Cosmetics  [link is for imomoko's site] anyway because they're packaged so beautifully! (Yeah, I know >_< Stupid reason LOL!) But if you look up Jill Stuart's Cosmetic line, you'll see that their products are quite expensive. O_o; On the level of high end brands like Dior, Chanel, Lancome, and etc. 

So, I looked for them on Makeup Alley. I had just started going there because of another Youtuber [can't you tell I got into this because of Youtube?!] had recommended that site. 

I found someone that was willing to swap one (split with two colors <--you'll see what I'm talking about soon) for another product of mine. Btw, this swap happened about 3 years ago :P So I really don't remember what I swapped for. Once I tried it out, I really loved it. And tried to find them. 

Luckily, the Jelly Eye Colors are one of their cheaper products (cheaper meaning they're $29.99 <--when I purchased them back then. I think it's $39 now?). I had some extra money from birthdays and saving from work and such... so TAA DAA! Here they are. Like I said, these were purchased a few years ago..., so the packaging might be different now.
This is what the boxes look like. I don't know if you can see the embossed details. It's so beautiful...



But what's inside is GORGEOUS!!!! I think ALL cosmetics should be packaged like this! LOL!. 

This is the packaging of the one I swapped for on Makeup Alley
The color I got was Ballet Pink and something else... 
She scooped out the other color and put it in this jar.

I always wondered if these things dry out.. and when I found this again... (years later!) I got my answer.

Yes, they do dry out. I'm wondering if they changed their packaging because it doesn't close tightly enough? As you can see, this is completely dried out I can't use it any more. It's as hard as a rock :/

When I got this, I noticed that it does have a fragrance. It's a nice rose scent that's not overpowering. 

This is the new packaging. It's a billion times more beautiful than the previous one. I don't know if the ones now are still the same...

The top of the jar...

The bottom of the jar.
Crystal Sky which is a purple with brown undertones.


Midnight Shine which is a navy blue

Vintage Decor is a bronze shade

L-R: Crystal Sky, Midnight Shine, and Vintage Decor

Let me talk about the textures of these. Just like they're called, they are jelly! It's like sticking your fingers into Jell-O. ^_^; It's kind of fun to touch (lol!)

All of the ones I have are very shimmery and glittery. Honestly, you DO get glittery fall-out.

Do they crease? Yes, they do but if you use them over an eyeshadow primer, they won't crease.

I love these things! ♥♥♥!!!!

I'm going to post an EOTD that I did with the Jelly Eye Colors. (Taken outside)
>_< Please ignore my mascara smudge lol. :P

Eyeshadow Primer: TFSI
All over eyelids: Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color in Crystal Sky
Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Mascara: FAIRYDROPS SCANDAL QUEEN

These last 3 photos were taken 9 hours later. The color and the shimmer hasn't faded. (The flash washed out the colors and shimmers X_x; )

I can't say the same thing about the eyeliner :( I can't seem to use Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners. They don't work for my eyes. Also, I was testing out this mascara and it's not waterproof which is what I usually use... and as you can see...I've got smudges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment