innocent+twisted Alchemy

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

05.21.12 - Glamourdoll Eyes OTM (January - May)

Before I re-did my blog (-aka- deleted everything), I wanted to keep the GDE OTM posts. But I accidentally deleted them >o<! I'm so smart! Lol! So, I decided to re-swatch/re-do and include the newest ones that I have. 

Glamourdoll Eyes created "Of the Month", which is basically a monthly limited edition special. According to their site:
Glamour Doll Eyes will be releasing a new color each month that we will call "Of The Month's". These products will be limited to just that month and will be sold for only that month. The item of the month may be an eye shadow, an eye light or maybe even a lip product. Whatever it may be, you can guarantee that it will be awesome!! You can choose just to get the item that month when it is listed, or opt to get a 3 month or 6 month subscription. Each month, the items will be released on the 15th. If you order a subscription, they will be mailed off sooner, so you will get first look at the new item. There will only be 100 of each color each month so picking up a subscription will guarantee that you will get the color the following months. Once all subscriptions are shipped for that month, the color will then be sold as an individual for whatever is left.

I started my subscription, when she first announced it in December. As you can see in the title, I have January until May (as of today). 
This is how some of them are packaged. I lost the other information cards/sheets for the first two months. But they're packaged very well. They're shipped in a bubble-mailer and inside a plastic baggie. Inside the baggies are: 2 business cards, a sticker, and an info card/info sheet.


January OTM - "Resolution"

This is, obviously, the first OTM that came out. 
"Resolution" is a very shimmery medium-toned lavender. 

All swatches are done over Glamourdoll Eyes' Control Freak (primer). 

Swatched, "Resolution" has a very metallic cast. 

February OTM - "Heedless Heart"

I believe "Heedless Heart" is a bronzy-rose shade. That's the only way I could describe it. Lol. 

Swatched, it's also very metallic-y. 

Sorry for the bad lighting. It was an overcast day, that day :(

March OTM

This time, GDE teamed up with Kiss My Sass. This is how the items were packaged (well, neater...since I've already taken it out and re-packed it for this photo lol). Both products had shrink-wrap on them. 

Here's all that was in the baggie.

Kiss My Sass' Lip Tint in "Georgia Kiss". This is not how the product comes. As I've said, I've already done swatches of them, so this is how it looks used. >_> Sorry! I couldn't find the photos of when I didn't use it yet. 

Swatched on my hand. I should've done lip swatches X_x; There's a vanilla flavor to the lip tint and it's quite moisturizing. I really like it. 

It doesn't really show up on my lips but that's because I have quite pigmented lips :( Wahh! Why are they so dark!? :P But I think it looks perfect for my skin tone. 

"Inspired"

"Inspired" isn't as sparkly or as metallic-y as the first two OTM's. But it's a nice shade of green.

 It reminds me of shamrocks! ^_^;;

April OTM

In April, Vee included a sample of Control Freak, her eyeshadow primer.

Here are the ingredients, if you wanted to see what's in it ;P

When I first saw this I was like "OMG! That's mighty dark!" O_o; But it shows up clear. It's also a mousse-y consistency. I noticed that it's quite grainy too. I don't know if it's just mine or if they're all like that. I haven't tried it on my eyes yet, I've tried it for swatching these OTM colors.

And yes, this is a pic of it used >_> I didn't have a photo of a new one. Sorry. Lol.

"Hippy Party Girl"

This color is a CRAZY bright medium-toned blue. O_O; I don't know about you, but I just want to stare at it's prettiness :P

This shade is also not very shimmery. It's got a metallic-y finish though. 

May OTM
Wow, goodies galore!

I was super excited for May's OTM since Vee said it's her birthday month (it's MINE TOO!). I must say, I wasn't disappointed!

I've been on the hunt for an angled eyeliner brush. I always put it off or I'm overly picky X_x; Anyway, I could never find one I liked. Then, Sedona Lace joined forces with GDE and TAA DAA! I already tried this brush out too and OMG! I love it! This brush, btw, is an EB 23

Also included, GDE's Foil Me
"works great for turning your shadows into liners"

Honestly, I've never used anything to make my eyeshadow into a liner before. It's worth a shot to try, right? :)

"Downtown" 

"Downtown" is a medium brown color with aqua sparkles.

(L) Swatched with Control Freak ;(R) Swatched with Foil Me


It's funny because I was subscribed to Birchbox and MyGlam and also GDE's OTM. Which one did I cancel? Birchbox and MyGlam. I love getting the surprises from GlamourDoll Eyes. Unfortunately, I think next month is my last month. I will definitely re-subscribe since she only has 3-month subscriptions and 6-month subscriptions.

What do you think? Would you try an OTM subscription from GlamourDoll Eyes? ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment