innocent+twisted Alchemy

Monday, March 4, 2013

03.04.13 - Chaos Cosmetics

I'm in a few makeup groups and in different groups, someone posted about Chaos Cosmetics. (Store is currently on vacation, but here is their Facebook page.)They had some gorgeous looking duochromes but also, their photos looked so editted that I couldn't help but wonder if the actual products looked like their photos. 

Here's their business card...

What I ordered. The labels on top of the jars are printed on silver sticker sheets.

Everything is swatched in indirect sunlight and over TFSI

She included 4 sample baggies... and she gave a pretty decent amount.

Seductive

Sex Kitten

L-R: Seductive and Sex Kitten

Seductive - a shimmery yet frosty burgundy 
Seductive

Sex Kitten - Shimmery Champagne

This came out a little splotchy. Probably because of the shimmer. 

War Angel
Flirtini

L-R: War Angel and Flirtini

War Angel - White frost that's a bit chunky... (I'm sure you can see the chunkiness)
War Angel

Flirtini - Pink with a golden duochrome
Flirtini

----------
Now, we'll go into my actual order...

The full sized jars are jam-packed full with no sifter. (Good! I hate sifters anyway :P)
Alter Ego
Alter Ego

Legendary
Legendary

L-R: Alter Ego and Legendary

Alter Ego - Charcoal with a purple duochrome and also has a green sheen.
Alter Ego
It was hard capturing the green, but it's there. It's not as strong as the purple...

Legendary - Lilac with a green sheen (I had a hard time capturing it in photos :/)
Legendary

Ethereal
Ethereal

Courtesan
Courtesan

L-R: Ethereal and Courtesan

Ethereal - Champagne with a strong aqua duochrome. 
Ethereal. Sorry you can't really see the aqua. I think the sun was going down at this time -_-;

Courtesan - Violet with a strong green duochrome.

Courtesan

When I went on their site, Ethereal and Courtesan were the ones I wanted to check out the most because of their overly editted photos. I must say, it really doesn't look the same on the site but they're still really pretty. 

Chaos Cosmetics make really beautiful duochromes but there are colors I'm a little "iffy" about. Examples are the sample baggies I've received; I've seen these same shades from suppliers but like I said, I can't just say they're repacks and a lot of other companies have made the same colors.

Their website is a pain in the butt to navigate and the overly editted photos also prove to be a disappointment. 

The formula is really nice, though. Smooth, blendable, and very pigmented. Maybe, I'll have to give it another shot to see what I think. Their prices are also a little higher than most indies, they range from about $7.50+ for a full-size jar. 

Have any of you tried Chaos Cosmetics?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of their stuff. Flirtini, Courtesan, and Seduction are really pretty, lovely swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. You're going to make me go broke again! Some of them seriously made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete