innocent+twisted Alchemy

Friday, February 22, 2013

02.22.13 - Urban Decay (OZ): Glinda Palette

I don't know what it is about Urban Decay. Most of the time, whenever they come out with something new, I really want it. Most of the time ^_^; It could also be because they were my first high-end brand. 

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen these palettes already, but I already did swatches for them so TAA DAA! When they first came out with this, I was honestly very hesitant to get it. Usually, I'd just snatch it up right away. [Btw, I liked the Glinda palette more than the Theodora one. My friend pointed out that it was probably because my name's in the Glinda palette (My name is Linda, if you didn't know already ;P)] Well, I decided to wait...

Then my tax return arrived *dances* and this was the first thing I purchased. Yay! 


It's probably sad to say that I wanted this palette for three things only:

 #1) The actual packaging. I love this palette. If you didn't know already, this is a refillable palette (with Urban Decay eyeshadows only, I believe). I love how the design looks

#2) The eyeshadow color Magic (you'll see below), it's gorgeous!

#3) The jumbo lip pencil that they include.

Well, this is what the palette looks like on the inside. It comes with six limited edition eyeshadows, a 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Rockstar
Better view and colors...
Everything is taken under an LED light and swatched over TFSI

Tornado

Aura

L-R: Tornado and Aura (#1 and #2)
Tornado
Tornado - This is a satin purple with a reddish base and has silver shimmers.

Aura (#1)
Aura (#1) - White with a strong blue shift

Aura (#2)
Aura (#2) - White with a strong red shift

Magic

Illusion

L-R: Magic and Illusion

Magic
Magic - Blue based pink with a strong duochrome

This photo doesn't do it justice. I think it has to do with my lighting which for some reason is making it show purple, but it's actually a pink color.

Illusion
Illusion - In the pan it looks like a very soft peach but when swatched it's this very soft golden color.

Oz

South

L-R: Oz (#1 & #2) and South

Oz (#1)
Oz (#1) - Gold with VERY chunky silver glitter...

Oz (#2) 
Oz (#2) - Silver with VERY chunky silver glitter

South
South - Warm shimmery taupe

Here's the mini 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar

Rockstar is a deep plum shade

I'm probably the only one who thinks this but I wish they included a brush instead of an eyeliner. I've got a million UD 24/7 eyeliners (okay, not a million...) already...

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda

Glinda is definitely a my lip color but better. It's a nude pink-brown color. The swatch looks more brown than pink >_>; (I blame my lighting)

Well, I was highly satisfied with this palette especially for the things I really wanted it for (Lol). The huge disappointment for me was the color OZ. It's that overly chunky-glitter that is quite annoying. The other colors weren't very unique to me but like I said, I got this palette for: Glinda, Magic, and the actual palette (packaging). ^_^;

1 comment: