innocent+twisted Alchemy

Monday, April 29, 2013

04.29.13 - Darling Girl Cosmetics

Susan of Darling Girl Cosmetics released some new colors and I'm quite addicted, so I had to have them. I'm showing two orders (though the first two photos are only one order ;P) that I placed recently.

How my second order was packaged. Super cute :)

Swatches are done over UDPP and under an LED Light. I'll start with the sample baggies that I've received. 
This photo (only photo in this whole post) was taken in indirect light.
L-R: Curious Crocus and Haute Hollyhock (duochrome blush)

L-R: Curious Crocus and Haute Hollyhock (duochrome blush)

Curious Crocus
Curious Crocus - White with a golden duochrome

Haute Hollyhock 
Haute Hollyhock - Cool pink that has a blue duochrome. Honestly didn't know this was a blush until I was looking at the name of it ;P

L-R: Showstopper and Rhapsody

L-R: Showstopper and Rhapsody

Showstopper
Showstopper - Violet that's got a fiery duochrome (meaning; gold, orange, and red)

Rhapsody
Rhapsody - Blue with a golden duochrome

Now, onto the GWP's (Gift with purchase)
Beluga Bebe
Beluga Bebe

After the Rain
After the Rain

L-R: Beluga Bebe and After the Rain

Beluga Bebe
Beluga Bebe - Warm taupe with kind of a subtle turquoise sheen

After the Rain
After the Rain - How to describe this color? It's a muted olive green that has a blue sheen and shimmers

Bubbles
Bubbles

Sweet Savage
Sweet Savage

L-R: Bubbles and Sweet Savage

Bubbles
Bubbles
Bubbles - I failed at capturing this color. It's a pinky-beige with a strong green sheen. I know my photos don't show it -_-; But trust me, it's green (not blue!) This was originally a GWP (gift with purchase) and I asked if I could have it as a full-size and she acknowledged. Woot!

Due to popularity, it's not a permanent shade :) YAY!

Sweet Savage
Sweet Savage - Matte (I know it shows shimmers, but it's from Bubbles) blue-based pink.

I wanted to try out her matte formula so I ordered a few from her MILF ("Matte I'd Like to Find") Collection. Unfortunately, I'm not too impressed with her matte formulas.

This pink shade is my absolute fave type of pink but this took 4 layers to show the way it does in the photo.
:( It wasn't pigmented at all.

Heaving Bosom
Heaving Bosom

Bite Me
Bite Me

L-R: Heaving Bosom and Bite Me

Heaving Bosom
Heaving Bosom - Matte lavender

Heaving Bosom had more pigmentation that Sweet Savage. Still, there's something about the formula I didn't like. I can't really explain it. :(

Bite Me
Bite Me - Described as a "pale putty" color. It's lighter than my skin tone and quite sheer
 (Please ignore the shimmers because this is a matte shade)

Aristocrat
Aristocrat

Hidden Garden
Hidden Garden

Muddy Waters
Muddy Waters

L-R: Aristocrat, Hidden Garden, and Muddy Waters

Aristocrat
Aristocrat - Gorgeous bright blue that has a copper sheen and red shimmers

Hidden Garden
Hidden Garden - Matte cool-toned beige. This was the only matte shade I liked that I ordered. The formula was creamy the color itself was quite pigmented (even if it's a light shade). Wish all the other mattes were like this one.

Muddy Waters
Muddy Waters - I couldn't capture the beauty that is this color. Warm brown with a green duochrome and has aqua shimmers

Persuasion
Persuasion

Delusional
Delusional

Faux Pas
Faux Pas

L-R: Persuasion, Delusional, and Faux Pas

Persuasion
Delusional
Delusional - Dirty mauve that's quite multi-dimensional. It's got subtle sheens of purple and green in different light.

Faux Pas
Faux Pas - I can't really describe this color so I'll borrow from the site:
Dusty lavender with noticeable blue flash and a shift to a red violet.

Hmm, I thought it was more of a medium plum-brown color than a dusty lavender. Anyway, gorgeous color nonetheless!

Darling Girl needs to stop putting out such beautiful colors *shakes fist*! ^_^; I liked most of my order minus most of the mattes as I've said above. 

Which one was your favorite? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment